Friday, April 18, 2008

A Visit From Great-Grandparents

Yesterday my grandparents stopped by to visit on their way to AZ. The picture is Bret with his Great Grandpa Ottley (Grandma didn't want her picture taken-she thought her hair looked messy). They are driving from WA to AZ to go through the temple with my Great Uncle Harold and his wife. I don't know Uncle Harold very well, but the whole family is thrilled that they have decided to be sealed in the temple. I really miss my family and it is so fun to see them when we can. I grew up just a bike ride away from my grandparents and spent many wonderful days at their house. I am sad that my kids won't be able to know their grandparents or great-grandparents the way that I was able to, but I'm happy we got to see them yesterday. Tyler gave both of them one of his cars as a gift to take with them. I was proud of him for being so generous with his cars, but then again, I noticed he made sure he wasn't giving away his "Hotwheels" cars-just the generic ones. If you know Tyler, you know how precious his Hotwheels cars are. In our house we say "I love you more than Hotwheels" and that is saying a lot!

4 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

It is always fun to have grandparents come even great grandparents. Acadia asked me the other day when the grandma with curly hair is going to come and visit. That is her great grandma, who she hasn't seen since Christmas. They remember.

Bridget said...

I grew up with my grandparents close by in Boulder City. I would stay with them lots of weekends and have very fond memories, too.

Lisa said...

What a great picture, and great memories too.

Nay said...

So cute how babies and grandpas look the same. Grandparents are such a blessing!