Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Detroit Zoo

Aaron actually had a weekend off so we went exploring and discovered that Detroit has a zoo and it actually isn't a dump like the Las Vegas "Zoo".

This is Amphibiville, one of Tyler's favorite places, where we saw this little guy, the Panamanian Golden Frog, that was recently declared extinct in the wild. bye-bye froggy


The Polar Bear exhibit did not disappoint. The glass tunnel gave us a spectacular view of the bears (and seals in a separate area) swimming and playing in the chilly water.



I thought this was such a cute picture until I realized that Bret closed his eyes. Bret was more excited about the ball than the seal.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like soooooo much fun. Merick is 3 yrs old and has never been to an actual zoo. I am such a bad mom. Love the posts...we miss seeing you guys. Merick got sooo excited. He has been calling Tyler for days on his cell phone! Has his ears been itching? Hope you guys had a fun Easter! Much love, Amber

Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

So I totally spelled something wrong and had to delete my first post because it made me look extremely dumb. I wish I could have come to the Zoo with you guys it looked like a neat place. I'm thinking maybe I'll get Tyler a frog for his birthday. :)

Nevada Woolfs said...

What great pictures Meghan! You all look great!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

You're right, the Las Vegas Zoo is a total dump, especially after seeing your zoo! Looks like such a fun day! It's so nice when Daddy gets to STAY home!

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun. When you come here I can take you to Thanksgiving Point and the kids can go on a pony ride. I can't wait to see you. Only 2 more months.

The Wynn Family said...

How fun! That is an amazing zoo, what a great way to spend daddy's day off!