Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tyler turns FIVE!

We love our Tyler. He is a good big brother for Bret, a great helper for Mom and Dad, and a very happy, smart, handsome, and kind boy. We are so grateful to have him in our family!
Tyler decided on the morning of his birthday party that he wanted a transformers cake. I made Aaron make it because he has all the artistic skills in our family.

I thought it looked pretty good, and more importantly, Tyler thought it was really cool (if you don't know your transformers, this is "Bumblebee"-he transforms from a robot into a Camaro)!

Tyler with his new hotwheels track-he couldn't stop jumping up and down when he opened it. He loves speedracer even though he has never seen the movie-you just can't go wrong with race cars.

Tyler waiting for us to hurry up and take a picture so he can blow out his candle and eat Aaron's masterpiece.

Tyler trying to bust open the pinata (unfortunately I could not find a transformers pinata, but I did learn that a "party store" in MI is actually what I call a "liquor store"-not a place to buy balloons or pinatas).

5 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! It looks like your party was awesome. Meghan don't get too attached to the "party stores" ok!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I love your cake - it looks great!

Jamie said...

That is one awesome cake! Go Aaron. I can't believe Tyler is five. Nathan still talks about him. I think we will have to name our next boy Tyler.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! Wow, 5!!!! We're glad you had such a great celebration! I love the pic of Tyler with his present.

That is soooooooo funny about the "party store!!!"

Bridget said...

What a fun 5th birthday! Kudos to Aaron for the cool cake!