Saturday, May 24, 2008

Disappointment

I'm not a David Cook hater, but I was still disappointed when he won. He's musically talented, but can't sing half as well as David Archuleta-and David A. is way cuter too. At the beginning of the season I thought David C. had a chromosome 21 issue (although I admit he looks way better now). America got it wrong. My theory is that Simon's comments energized the David Cook fans, encouraging them to vote because they feared David A. would win, while on the other hand, placating David Archuleta's fans-convincing them David A. had it in the bag, thus skewing the votes in David Cook's favor. That's my two bits on American Idol Season 7. Good luck David Archuleta-I think you'll be just fine.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree. I only watched the finale, but I thought David A. was MUCH better than David C. I was so disappointed that David C. won. I really don't like his gritty voice.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I was TOTALLY shocked! I think David C. is a good musician, but David A.'s voice is so much better! I think your theory is exactly right!

wynne said...

Don't worry--his career won't suffer. Just because you WIN Idol doesn't mean that you're going to be the biggest hit out of that season...David A will be just fine!

Unknown said...

I admit I haven't watched it much at all this season, although I could name everyone in the show from everyone else talking about it. I was wondering who won. . . bummer.