Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Davids are in the Finale. . . I hope!

I just spent over 30 minutes voting for David Archuleta-and I may vote some more later! I got goosebumps tonight when I listened to his performance of Billy Joel's "And so it goes". The other two songs were good too-as expected. I think he could have done a little better on the Chris Brown song if someone had worked on the style with him, but I still liked it. Yes, he could sing the phonebook and I'd love it!
Syesha's performances weren't that great. The judges liked the first song, but I thought it was boring. She can sing okay, but doesn't have that WOW factor. She's going home. It's time.
David Cook was a little off tonight, but I think he deserves to be in the final two. I thought his performance of the Diane Warren/Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" was a mess-he was all over the place, and I was shocked when Paula and Simon both loved it.
It makes me suspicious when the producers choose an awesome song for David Cook, an okay song for Syesha, and then a kind of lame song for David Archuleta. Hmmmmm. What's up with that?
Next week is the finale-vote for David Archuleta!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I totally agree with you! I made Darwin vote for David A. for 15 minutes until the time ran out. We have never voted before! I would have made him vote longer, but we didn't watch the show live, we watched after it was over, so we only had the 15 minutes. I am worried that he may possibly not make it. I have to agree that the producers were not very good at choosing songs for David A. It is a little suspicious. I am glad that Simon said something about it being a lame song for a 90 year old.

Meghan said...

YES! I love American Idol!!!

wynne said...

But now what? Who will take home the...they don't give 'ema statue or anything? Just a contract?

Anyhoo, David A. has a WONDERFUL voice. And at least David C. eventually got a haircut. (Why do I feel like I'm talking about two kids in a first-grade classroom?)

Nay said...

I have to admit that only watch American Idol in the beginning to see the freaks who can't sing, but think they can. However, I watched on Tuesday to see the final three. I hope David A. wins, too! He's the best. I don't like David C's voice at all, too course. Fingers crosssed for David A.!!!