Friday, September 5, 2008

Tyler's First Day of School


It's official! Tyler is now in Kindergarten. I'm traumatized, but so far Tyler is really enjoying it-except for the bully, aka "mean girl", that pushed him down and then (after she got in trouble for pushing) slapped him in the face (for getting her in trouble). Tyler said the teacher saw a red mark on his face where he got slapped and so she put some cream on it!? Maybe I should send some mace and a first aid kit in his backpack next week.
Tyler doesn't seem to miss me while he is at school, but I really miss him. He has been my relentless little buddy for 5 years, and now I have no idea what he did from 8:52am to 3:57pm. Did he eat his lunch? Did he remember to wash his hands after he used the bathroom? Did he give "mean girl" what she deserves and punch her in the face?
I'm sure I'll get used to it-I still have my little sidekick, Bret, to keep me busy and I do know what he is doing all day. He's flushing toothbrushes down the toilet, ripping keys off the computer keyboard, or just stuffing q-tips down the air vents. He recently learned to open doors and has become particularly mischievous-I think that means he is a normal little boy.
It's a new season for our family and I am going to embrace it. Maybe I'll actually finish unpacking and get the basement organized? No, probably not.

9 comments:

wynne said...

Aaaah! I can't believe that they do all-day kindergarten. What a shock. I'm glad he's enjoying it, though. And what you really ought to do to mean girl is let Tyler take a bunch of plastic bugs to school--or something slimy or wormy--and instruct him how to slip it in to her lunch pail when she's not looking...

We miss you guys!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I can't believe Tyler is in kindergarten!!!!! He still looks so little! What a change. I hope he punches the meanie in the face too!

We hope all is going well for you! We miss you!

The Wynn Family said...

When did they grow up? I still remember our first play date with all of them still in diapers and crawling none the less! You are handling it well, I'm afraid to let Acadia go!

Bridget said...

I still worry about all of the same things that you listed when Holden is away at school....and he is in
8th grade!

I still miss the days and think about them often when Holden and I were inseparable...I called him my Velcro Pal.

Lisa said...

He's such a big boy, and Kindergarten all day!! Wow :)

Evensen Family said...

What a happy and sad day that must have been. I cried Ben's first day of preschool last year and he was only going for a few hours. I can't imagine what Kindergarten must have been like.

By the way Chris is at Botsford right now. He is really enjoying it and likes the hours for the residents a lot more. Plus he says that all of the residents are really cool. I can't seem to find your email in my list, so if you don't mind leaving it for me I'll have Chris email Aaron. I would love to move to Farmington Hills by you guys that would be a ton of fun. Hopefully everything will work out and we'll be there in June :)

Seegmiller Six said...

Wow - I can't believe they have all day kindergarten - I don't think I could handle that! Andrew loved the card from Tyler it's still up on the shelf, so everyone can see.(He won't let me take it down.) I can't believe he is so big - I too remember those first playgroups - long ago, before more kids. And now, they are off and running - won't be long till we are blogging about high sschool graduation. :( We miss you guys! Andrew still asks when Tyler is coming back, although ona funny note, he know where the state of Mich is - since that's where his friend Tyler lives. :)

Amber said...

I can not believe how cute he is with his little backpack. I can not believe that he is in all day long kindergarten!!!!! It makes me a little sad to. Mainly because we are missing all the stories and seeing it first hand. He is such a big kid...I just wish I could see him go. Give him a hug for me and tell him to never let the mean girl touch him again. I can not believe that one! Watch out Tyler...get used to the girls. They are going to love him! Tell him I miss him too please!

Unknown said...

So, I'm way behind on commenting! Wow, Tyler is so grown up! All day is a long time! I'm sure he can hold his own to the little bully. :) We still miss you guys! Just yesterday Nathan started talking about the little white car with blue stripes that "little Tyler" gave him. :) He now has an uncle Tyler, so he has to distinguish them. He's used to that with two uncle Brads, and uncle Daylen and a cousin Daylen. The more the merrier!